Sir Andrew Wood is a associate fellow of Chatham House and retired diplomat for the British Diplomatic Service.
Andrew Wood (1940) was educated at Ardingly College and King’s College, Cambridge. After his studies he became diplomat in the Soviet Union. In 1964-1966 and again in 1979-1982 he was posted at the British Embassy in Moscow. Between 1985 and 1989 he was ambassador in Yugoslavia. From 1995 to 2000 he served as British ambassador to Russia and Moldova.
Since his retirement in 2000 he is an associate fellow of the Russia and Eurasia programme of the think-tank Chatham House.